Monday, September 24, 2007

ISP - Internet Service Problems!

It has been quite a while since I last posted to my blogs due to a technical fault with my internet service provider [ISP]. I had, for sometime, been enjoying the trouble free service provided by Tiscali, that is until I received a letter from them back in August telling me that improvements would be made to the service and the subsequent work undertaken on the local exchange would mean a temporary loss of internet connection for a couple of hours.
Initially we lost phone connection for an evening and then internet connection the whole of the following day. Several phone calls later and a visit by an engineer saw the service reconnected; unfortunately this resulted in not being able to connect to secure websites.
Far from improving the internet experience it went on to sour it due to numerous phone calls to their support group in India. I got more and more frustrated with being read the same spiel from their standard set of responses telling me to ‘go into internet explorer options and click on tools’, despite having had my system checked out by them on two occasions and once independently they never listened when told there was nothing wrong with my system and the fault arose through their own activities with the local exchange. Eventually I cancelled my subscription and changed provider; hence being able to write to the blog once again.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

thanks for stoping by....yeah..I found you again...glad to see you are still at it...

 
At 10:13 pm , Blogger old enough to moan said...

Nice to hear from you ydg, I hope to post more soon as I have been away too long, busy playing bowls and falling out with overseas Internet service technicians!

 
At 5:35 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

hope you're back soon..ydg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home