Saturday, February 23, 2008

Family ties

If, like us, you decide to have children then it is a good idea to make them a part of your live, not let them rule your life. I have no reason for sharing that with you other than this being one of many pieces of advice I have to give should any one wish to listen. I might be totally wrong, but in allowing a child to take over your life can result in you having with no life of your own.

My partner and I have four lovely daughters between us therefore none of them can rule the other as it does not work like that, not in our household at any rate. Our youngest, by more than 14 years, has as good a chance as any of stealing the show but even she at the tender age of almost three appreciates the necessity to share and to be appreciative of one another’s thoughts, feelings and ideas.

I just thought I would share this with you because I am so proud and happy with my little brood.

I may not always be the best father in the world, although I would hope my daughters would argue otherwise [well, sometimes], but I do know if I am not always there for them then they are there for one another.

There is no magic to the World’s ills but I am sure some of the minor ones could be helped to heal with a return to family conscientiousness.

It has taken me years to understand the value of family ties, thankfully not too late.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home