Sunday, March 23, 2008

If only he was never there

The author of an ode to Tony Blair that has been doing the rounds is puzzling MPs today.

At Downing Street upon the stair
I met a man who wasn't Blair
He wasn't Blair again today
Oh how I wish he'd go away

Who is behind the poem, based on the quatrain by US poet Hughes Mearns? [Guardian
politicsblog -Helene Mulholland]

He is my own take on the poem, again relating to Tony Blair

As once I voted, because I care
I saw a man, who wasn't there
And now that he has gone away
Oh how wish it had began this way

OETM 2008

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:10 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i like them both...and saddly...both are so truth...
if i see one more picture of bush laughing his ass off, i may bip him into a coma

 
At 11:25 pm , Blogger old enough to moan said...

His face and the face of Tony Blair say it all, fekkin liars!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home