Thursday, July 03, 2008

Vacation

Once again it has been a little remiss of me not to have posted on the blog for a week or two, only this time it has been down to not having the ability to do so from a field in Cornwall. I have been away on a Camping holiday with the family and all in all it was a wonderful rest away from recent health issues and the humdrum of daily life.

It was such a good break that I am loathed to tell anyone where one of the best campsites ever can be found in Cornwall, but since most of my readers appear to be from overseas I can share the location with you. It is at Dennis Cove near Padstow. Padstow is a lovely little harbour town that is little spoilt considering the amount of tourists it attracts.

Rick Stein, one of the UK’s leading celebrity chefs, has several food outlets in Padstow, one of them being a traditional fish and chips shop that should come with a health and safety warning, not because of the food, which is delicious, but because of the cheeky seagulls that swoop down on unsuspecting diners and take their expensive fish from out of their hands! Funny to watch but not funny to be on the receiving end of I should imagine.

Now I am home again I will have to make a concerted effort to post more to the blog and catch up with regular reads of others.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:22 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

welcome home...glad you had a great time..I know you needed it...missed your posts, and comments on mine..js

 
At 5:15 am , Blogger Tina said...

awesome - glad you found fun and relaxation :) I felt the same way about my honeymoon - didn't want to share the tropical paradise it was to anyone, wanted to be selfish with the information! hehe (psst...it was a river house on the northwest shore of Kauai - an island of Hawaii ;)

Take care

 
At 9:39 am , Blogger old enough to moan said...

YDG - Cheers, you are one of the reasons I keep posting, thank you.

Tina - paradise is where you are happiest most. Mine is anywhere away from the norm with the family. Sounds like a pretty good honeymoon though. I hope to have one next year, if she asks me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home