Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back' in Labour

I watched Gordon Brown deliver his speech at the Party conference yesterday afternoon and I was so impressed I immediately stopped what I was doing to listen. It was so refreshing to hear someone who once again sounded like a true Labourite instead of New Labour. To be honest the tag of New is now well and truly laboured. I only hope that those who wish to challenge his leadership for their own gain will now shut up and work with the rest of the Party to ensure we come out of this recession with some good standing.

I for one will not be sad on hearing this mornings badly timed news that Front Bench lady Ruth Kelly, claiming to want to spend more time with her children, has decided it is time to step down. I despise people who put themselves and their religious beliefs to the detriment of everything and everyone else and therefore I do not think she will be a loss to the Labour front benches.
The best move for this transport secretary is to put the throttle to the floor and disappear into the horizon quickly.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:55 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

dang i wish i knew more about your politics..but i've been up to my ass in alligators with our politics and havent paid any attention to yours..

 
At 8:35 pm , Blogger old enough to moan said...

Ours is no where near as glamorous as yours, neither is it so passionately debated. In fact we are quite reserved about the whole thing, it is only the politicians and journalist [who want to sell papers] that get hot under the collar about it all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home