Monday, June 12, 2006

Examination and result...

This evening I had an examination for the 3D Computer Aided Design course i am attending at college, carried out for the first time online – that is on a PC.
The exam conditions were well regulated, more so than any other I have come across since leaving school some 30 years ago.

We were all allotted our pre-ordained seats one at a time and then given strict instructions on how to take the test.
We were seated in booth-type workstations in order that you could not see or be disturbed by fellow candidates. I could see part of a PC screen in front and to my right but took no notice of it, concentrating on my own questions as I began the exam.

Seventeen minutes into a forty-five minute exam I had finished all the questions, so I reviewed my answers, changing one or two along the way, pondering on one that made no sense at all, which ever way, or however many times you read it.

Ten minutes later I decided I had given it my best and returned to our usual classroom to fetch my belongings and leave for home.

As I walked into the room to collect my belongings I was followed by someone who had also sat the examination, I could not tell you if he had been on my course since last September or not!
He looked straight at me and proclaimed ‘You’ve passed’

‘How do you know’ I enquired expecting him to say he had spied the results as he had left the examination room, but alas no, he knew I had passed based on his judgement as he had been sat to the back of me looking at all my responses to the multi-choice questions.

The bloody cheek of it!

If I have passed then he has also passed: if I have failed then he will have failed also.
For once in my life I would be more than happy to have failed an examination – results tomorrow.

[I am hoping for better results elsewhere tomorrow.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home