Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tuesday 21 October 2008 – ERCP

The ERCP, an Endoscopic procedure, enabled the hospital to insert a stent between my pancreas and liver. This was carried out under Xray conditions and the purpose was to open up the tube currently being squashed by the ‘growth’ and allow my body to function properly again and rid me of the jaundice.
The constant itching due to the jaundice has driven me mad of late; as soon as that begins to dissipate I will be so much more relieved.

The walk from the Hospital car part to the hospital entrance was so painful and harrowing that I could not have given my name to anyone had I been asked. I was so grateful that my partner found a wheel chair for me to use that stayed with me for the rest of the morning. The NHS staff were again brilliant in their professionalism and compassion.

We are now waiting for an appointment with a view to being told what the next procedure will be and whether or not I have Cancer once again.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:27 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

oh my friend I am so sorry for what you are having to go though..you are on my full time prayer list..I hope you don't mind that the prayers are going to a Goddess, but she assures me that she is looking after you...blessings my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home