Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Have a good one too.

Well, Christmas is almost upon us with only two more sleeps to go before Santa.
Unfortunately for me the night-time pains as it nears Christmas are getting worse; in fact they are pretty much bad throughout the day, especially today.
To top that I cricked my back assisting my mother out of the car after she had took us shopping at her local butchers for our Christmas meat, Turkey and Beef.
On route we popped into the Cancer wing at the hospital that I will be attending for Chemotherapy on 30 December to have some blood tests taken. Having been on the Oncology ward I am a little less apprehensive about going in for treatment. It appeared to be run in a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere as everyone sat round in comfortable chairs whilst receiving their Chemo. It would appear that friends and family are encouraged to stay and sit with their loved ones ; that has pleased my partner no end.
So, although we are not looking forward to any potential side effects we are optimistic that it will do me some good and help prolong my time with the family.
We are looking forward to our Christmas so much now that we have all the presents bought and wrapped. It was such a daunting time when we were first told that I was terminally ill and even reaching Christmas was an unknown. We are now that close to it I can almost feel the breath from the Reindeer upon my cheeks and it looks very much like my own Christmas wish is about to come true; to see the faces of our Girls when they open their unexpected, last minute presents.
Now that we are in a state of merriment even without the influence of alcohol may we wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:15 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I'm sorry you are in so much pain..which I could reach out and touch you and make it go away. I just wanted to say I hope you have the best Christmas ever and wish you and your family all the best..your friend in West, Texas..jackie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home