Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Medical Early Retirement

We were expecting, and got, a visit from HR and management to discuss my leaving options. The transition from employee to ex-employee was a relatively painless one other than emotionally as the realisation now begins to sink in.

It is really painful for me to type this as I am trying to hold back my emotions. I am indeed worth a good deal in monetary terms dead but it will never replace a Dad and Stepdad for our children.

As of this Friday I will cease my employment with the company I began working for as an apprentice 32 years and 3 months ago. I should be jumping with joy at the thought of never having to work again but I would change anything to get out of this and return to work for another 100 years in order to spend more time with my family. Give me extra turns at the furnaces of Hell in return for Christmas, after that any day would be a bonus.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

isn't that what a 'good life' is?..all the little things that we take for granted. not the money or the big house, or new car. it's the time spent with your family and friends. at least you are able to leave your kids and wife with something, monetarily wise..but what you have given them thru all these years is you...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home