Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chemotherapy #6 [6/7] – Another good one for me, but not for some

Once again I had Nurse Donna attend to my chemotherapy session and it went off without a hitch, well apart from them not allowing my youngest daughter in the chemo suite. We had to drag my eldest daughter kicking and screaming out of work to come and pick her up from us. [OK, she relished the chance to get out of work an hour early and then be treated to a MacDonald’s meal; I have a penchant for them after Chemo and picked one up for everyone].

Another poor lady patient was not having it so easy and was where I was at a week or so ago when it mattered not what was said to her she was going to break out into tears, she was at the end of her tether and it was difficult to watch. I also know that nothing I or anyone else said to her would not make one iota of difference. I just wish she was as fortunate as me in having someone like my wife around. It makes so much difference and I know without her I would find it so much harder than it already is.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:48 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I'm grateful you two have each other...cherish it..not every one is so lucky...glad every thing went without a hitch..

 
At 8:43 am , Blogger old enough to moan said...

I am still learning how to cherish everyone around me, especially my new wife. I am lucky to have such a lovely caring family and a good 'candle- burning' blog buddy from across the Pond.

 
At 6:09 pm , Blogger Alice said...

ummm Dad where was my mcdonalds??

 
At 10:14 am , Blogger old enough to moan said...

Alice, you found me, lol.
Now I shall have to be careful what I say, Like i would!
You can have one when you come up from London next.
xxx

 
At 10:18 am , Blogger old enough to moan said...

Alice...and if you remember you left your sis look after your other sis, the idea was for all to have one, oh well, lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home