Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oncology appointment

It is more of the same, chemotherapy for three weeks and then a break for one week provided my blood levels do not continue to fall. I am overtly sensitive to the medication and therefore I may have to have yet a further reduction in strength. However, should I continue to improve through receiving chemo then they are aiming to ‘stabilize’ me with a view to giving me more time off therapy and a possible referral for the expensive and little known about Cyberknife treatment, which is not off the cards just yet.

I have been given some water tablets for my swollen ankles and will start on them tomorrow.

So, things are looking good at the moment and if I continue to improve as I have been doing then there is no reason why I cannot expect a better quality of life once again, but this time without overdoing things when I am feeling fine.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:15 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

so incouraging...im overjoyed that things are looking up for you..kick some ass sweety...

 
At 10:07 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

in todays paper there was an article about using ginger to relieve chemo's nausea.they were given a capsule containing either 0.5 gram, 1 gram or 1.5 grams of ginger. they took it 3 days before treatment and 3 days after.and it worked better than anything else they gave them..even the anti-nausea drugs ...might ask your dr about it..love jac

 
At 1:00 pm , Blogger joy said...

I saw that info on the news...looks like it works for most people. Take care.

 
At 9:53 am , Blogger old enough to moan said...

I will look into that one, love ginger biscuits and cake, does that count?

 
At 4:12 pm , Blogger joy said...

They said ginger ale and gingerbread cookies don't count. I think it has to be the capsule or maybe you could go straight for the root and just chew on it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home