Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chemotherapy #2

It was a horrendous start to the day for me as I spent most of night on the toilet whilst at the same time getting weaker and weaker. I awoke not wanting to get out of bed, trying to eat enough and drink enough fluids to get the body functioning.
It was an uphill struggle to get ready after a bath just to go to the Hospital for Chemo and I would never have done it without my partner who was there for me once again.

The chemo session did not go too well initially, four needle attempts and three different nurses this week, which is one more of each than last week.
Twice the needle was ‘in’ and twice it had to come out again, firstly because it was painful when the fluids began to flow and therefore incorrectly fitted, and secondly there was no ‘flash back’ that indicates that the needle is sat in the vein by getting blood to flow throw it.

I think, having had the same nurse two weeks running, that we may have given her a complex if not knocking her self esteem as it is difficult for them when it does not go to plan, especially if the patient is distressed or in pain.

I have also been instructed by the hospital doctor, in conjunction with my MacMillan nurse, to increase by pain killer at night and first thing in the morning.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:39 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

can't they put a shunt in? so they wont have to keep digging your vien for a place to put it?...get better sweety...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home