Thursday, April 23, 2009

Barium Meal Xray

Approximately 40 years ago, as a young boy, I had a barium meal xray for which I was offered sixpence [2 ½p] if I drank all of the barium solution, which I did not.
And today at my second barium meal xray I did not finish all the solution either, how come it has not improved in all this time? Prior to the meal I had to have a spoon full of sherbet type medication that was swallowed down with a miniscule amount of fluid. I was stood up, lay down and rolled over in the machine until they could find a decent image to take, if they could not then they would ‘flood’ the area. I did not ask what they meant by that but I imagined enema and hoped that it worked, which thankfully it did, so ‘flooding’ was not necessary.
I guess I just await the results now and see what has been causing me to feel or be sick.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:39 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

hope you get some good news from all the torture..

 
At 7:15 pm , Blogger Tina said...

how are you doing hon? thinking of you

 
At 10:20 am , Blogger old enough to moan said...

Blood tests today I am afraid. I may need a wheel chair just to get me around the hospital, bugga!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home