Friday, February 29, 2008

What's good for the goose...

I had my say on the BBC website today regarding the ongoing saga of whether Prince Harry should serve with the British army in Afghanistan, unfortunately due to restrictions on word count I had to abbreviate my posting to less than this that follows:

Harry should be left to serve in Afghanistan, unless he puts his colleagues in any more danger than the poor souls already are.
He signed up to serve in the British army and I can imagine that is exactly what he wants to do.
Regardless of what my opinion on sending troops to Afghanistan and Iraq may be I believe it is deplorable how news sites that are obviously short of news worthy stories can make so much out of Harry doing his job.
I had to endure 15 minutes of continual news coverage of the story on the BBC news last night before reaching for the off button and now it has been dominating their website all day. I have resisted adding to the fervor until now and feel it necessary to knock the BBC and other news outlets, including the original leaked source, for making so much of the tour of duty of one soldier when we have so many others out there who are equally precious to their loved ones at home.
Bring them all home soon, or at least work in conjunction with the UN more when we deploy our men overseas.

----------------------------------------------------

I am hoping that there will be no such restrictions on the Amazon site when I eventually come to review a book I am currently reading. However, if there are restrictions I can always take a leaf out of the book and using the style and language of the author I could simply write ‘Crap’.
I will continue reading to the end because I cannot begin a book and then not finish it whatever I think of it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:01 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

im really really pissed at the american press for outing him ..think it was the drudge report..as long as he doesn't endanger any of his other soldiers, he should be allowed to stay...bravo for harry...

 
At 12:41 pm , Blogger old enough to moan said...

Hello again yellowdog,
you really cannot expect anything less from a journalist, whatever their nationality. Since his outing, [now there's a thought] the BBC have done nothing but report on his tour of duty and to be honest I am fed up with it. The TV is switched off or over whenever it comes on.
They are targeting him more than the Taliban are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home