Thursday, August 21, 2008

I've got the Olympics covered

As our Team GB sportsmen and women continue to do well in Beijing, on course for an unprecedented medal haul, I was able to put my own pains to one side and play a game of crown green bowls, which I won 21-16 [revenge on the opponent who beat me by two shots on his home green earlier in the season].

I paid a visit to a Charity shop whilst in the town yesterday and bought four reading books for my partner and I as we seem to be getting through quite a bit of reading material of late.

In what looks like being the wettest August in the UK for almost 100 years it does not look as though I will be digging on the allotment any time soon, although we are still living quite happily off the produce it has produced.

There are far too many interesting article in the online newspaper I regularly read and I must take some time out from the Olympic TV coverage to find out what else is happening in the wider world, baring the tragic plane crash is Spain yesterday I am a bit out short on World events right now.

Almost forgot to mention, we are beating the Aussies in the Olympic medals table, which is not going down too well down under [do they forget without us they wouldn’t have a country or the sports they choice to play?] They moan even more than I do.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:15 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i have been cheering your team on...they are really doing terrific...so happy for you...i was so excited after watching the womens beach volleyball last night..may/walsh just rock..

 
At 11:22 pm , Blogger old enough to moan said...

I have to admit to cheering on may and walsh also in the early hours of the morning, come on GB and USA.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home