Thursday, June 04, 2009

A mini-break or two

A quick visit to see my GP today to have medication for water retention, still have swollen ankles but not as bad as they were, and more medication to alleviate the pains from constipation that can be excruciating at times.

I am hoping the next three days, when we are boating on the Norfolk Broads, will be as good as the last two have been for me; that way the mini-break should be good for everyone involved. I shall therefore not be online until the beginning of next week, so cheerio for now as I make hay whilst the sun shines, or in our case as it drizzles with rain.

If this weekend proves successful we are hoping to have many more times away between chemotherapy sessions.
A friend has offered the load of his caravan on a seasonal site for a weekend.
We are thinking of travelling to Scotland stopping off along the way via Bed and Breakfast establishments.
A trip to Ireland would be in order as I would love to take my wife to Dublin.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:50 pm , Blogger joy said...

I've always wanted to go to Ireland! I'll get there one of these days. Have fun!

 
At 6:38 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

oh oh...i wanna go too..i'll be very quiet and wont take up much space..and west, texas isn't that far out of the way.....well, maybe not..but have a great time anyhow...

 
At 1:12 am , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i'll miss you..but thrilled to death your doing so well..and hope you just keep getting better and better...

 
At 10:48 am , Blogger old enough to moan said...

Joy - Ireland is beautiul and the people are lovely, well worth a visit.

YDG - We waited on the quayside for you but had to cast-off in the end. Lovely break on the river.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home