Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Update 9 June 2009 - Excellent break

We had a fantastic weekend away from home on the Norfolk Broads where the weather was much nicer to us than that predicted by the experts so we managed to stay dry for most of it. Unfortunately I did get wet and cold standing around waiting for a taxi to take us to a Public House for Sunday lunch and I never warmed through for the rest of the day and felt very poorly later. Added to that I had to drive all the way home [3 hours] the following day as my partner was ill the night before we left having eaten something that disagreed with her.

Other than that we had a brilliant time and everyone enjoyed themselves and it is definitely something I would recommend, but not in the high season as it would be packed and then there are the boats full of lads on Stag nights! A Stag is OK if you are female, young and on the pull, not so good if you are moored up to one for the night, which thankfully we managed to avoid. [The trick to avoid mooring next to one is to moor on the opposite bank to the pubs!]

No chemo this week but I do have my Macmillan nurse coming today and I will have to tell her about the pains I am now experiencing in my back as a result of yesterdays drive home. I was unable to stand upright first thing this morning but I am able to rest better now that I have got some medication in my system.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:06 pm , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

horay for a great weekend get away..im so happy for you and your family..hope everything continues to go your way..

 
At 6:27 pm , Blogger joy said...

Stag night sounds like fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home